About Day Camp
Day Camp gives girls the opportunity to experience the
great outdoors in a five-day camp session. Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland hosts day camps at sites throughout our council. Most Day Camp hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The fun-filled days include flag ceremonies, songs, games, hiking, crafts, camp fire cooking, and nature study, facilitated by trained Girl Scout adult volunteers.
Day Camp is available to all girls who have completed kindergarten and up (Non-Girl Scouts may attend if they pay an extra fee to become registered members). Girls can register individually or with a buddy, but Day Camp is not a troop activity. There are also opportunities for teenage girls to complete leadership hours as a Day Camp PAL (Program Aide Link/Leader) or APL (Advanced Program Leader).
How to Register for Camp
The day camp season is closed for 2013. Look for the 2014 Day Camp Guide in January. Online registration will be available in 2014 through CORA. Paper registration forms will also be available.
Can you spare five days next summer to make a impact in the lives of girls? We rely on dedicated volunteers to make camp happen. Join us as a Girl Scout volunteer and discover the difference you can make!
What are the benefits?
• You will receive training to prepare you to work with groups of girls in an outdoor setting.
• One fee waiver and guaranteed placement to be given to any relative who is a currently registered Girl Scout.
• Take advantage of supervised on-site program for pre-schoolers (out of diapers) or boys at a nominal charge.
• Make new friends and have fun while being a role model and making a difference in the lives of girls!
What are you waiting for?
Volunteer now and be involved in planning individual camp sessions for 2014. To apply, you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- If not a current registered Girl Scout, renew your membership online through CORA.
- If you are new to Girl Scouting and have never registered as a volunteer, please complete the volunteer application process.
- Complete the Volunteer Application online form.
- Complete the background check online form.
- Take two, short online interactive courses.
- Girl Scouting 101
- Safety Essentials
If a current registered Girl Scout volunteer:
- Complete the 2013 Volunteer Position Request Form and mail it to council.
- Complete the background check online form, if not current.