Day Camp gives girls the opportunity to experience the great outdoors in a five-day camp session. The fun-filled days include flag ceremonies, songs, games, archery, crafts, camp fire cooking, and some sites are able to offer canoeing and swimming.
Day Camp is available to all girls who have completed kindergarten and up (Non-Girl Scouts may attend if they become registered members). Girls can register individually or with a buddy, but Day Camp is not a troop activity. There are also opportunities for teenage girls to complete leadership hours as a Day Camp PAL (Program Aide Leader) or APL (Advanced Program Leader).
Day Camp Patch Contest
The winning design will be made into a patch given to all who participate in Day Camp in 2015.
Follow the link to vote for your two favorite day camp patches! Contest closes on December 12th. Start voting!!
How to Register for Camp
Online registration will be available beginning April 1 through CORA.
Paper registration forms will be available mid-march.to council.
Registration Changes and Refunds
- If you need to change your reservation there is a $20 transfer fee
- if you would like to cancel your registration and receive a refund (minus 10% for administrative costs), submit a written request via US mail or email to CORAhelp@gsoh.org 15 business days or more before the first day of camp.
- Refunds will not be issued for no shows, verbal requests, requests made after day camp, or less than 15 business days notice.
Busing is available for an additional $50 per person at the following camps:
Request Financial Assistance using the Financial Assistance form.
2015 Day Camp Sessions (coming soon)
Volunteering at Day Camp
We rely on dedicated volunteers to make camp happen. We are looking for adult volunteers to help staff this year’s day camps.
Volunteering isn’t just for the girls—there are benefits for you too:
- Training and skills to work with girls outdoors.
- Eligibility for one fee waiver and guaranteed placement into day camp for any relative who is a currently registered Girl Scout.
- Supervised, on-site programming for children (potty trained) and boys at a nominal charge.
What are you waiting for? Volunteer now and be involved in planning individual camp sessions for 2015.
- If you are new to Girl Scouting and have never registered as a volunteer, please complete the volunteer application process.
Coming Soon: 2015 Volunteer Position Request Form