What do Girl Scouts do?
Girl Scouts go on field trips, explore their communities, and learn about nature, science, and the arts. In troops or on their own, they discover new things, earn badges, and participate in special projects that help other people and the planet.
There are many ways for you to be involved in Girl Scouts:
- Troop membership
- Individual membership
- Camp—resident camp, day camp, or camp with your troop.
- Events—a great way to meet other girls and learn new things.
- Series—where you explore a topic in more depth.
- Travel—throughout the country or around the world.
Choose activities you find interesting and create your own journey filled with wonderful adventures! Fill out a Girl Interest Form to get the process started. Our family guide explains the basics of Girl Scout membership and activities.
Girl Scouting is fun! It also helps you develop important skills, discover yourself, and make a difference in you world. Through interesting, exciting program activities, you’ll have experiences that will help prepare you for your future!
Who can Join?
Girls in grades K-12 and adults age 18 and older. Girl Scouts serves girls of every race, faith, economic status, and physical ability.
How to Join
To become a member of Girl Scouts:
- Visit CORA to register online. (You must be 18 or older to create a CORA account. A credit or debit card is required for online registration. You must create an account before purchasing a membership for yourself or a family member.)
- Complete the Girl membership printable form and return it with payment to: Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland Council, 1700 WaterMark Drive, Columbus, Ohio 42315.
The 2014 Membership fee is $15.00, and membership will run from October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014.
I’ve joined, now what?
Check out our Events Calendar to see what programs may interest you. Girl Scouts of the USA has lots of cool activities and games on their For Girls website for girls from Kindergarten through 12th grade.
More for Girls
Our program guide, myGSOH, lists lots of upcoming program opportunities.
View Online »
Girl Scouts’ awards are designed to help you make a lasting difference in your community.
More on Awards »
Limited funds available for registered Girl Scouts who require financial assistance.
Application Overview »