My Promise My Faith
Girls of all Girl Scout grade levels can now earn the My Promise, My Faith award developed by Girl Scouts of the USA. This award, which girls can earn once a year, complements existing religious recognitions and allows girls of any religious background to further strengthen the connection between their faith and Girl Scouts. A girl earns the My Promise, My Faith award by carefully examining the Girl Scout Law and directly tying it to tenets of her faith. Requirements for this award are included in The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting for all Girl Scout grade levels. You can help girls get started by working through the Your Faith and Girl Scouts: Make the Connection booklets for Girl Scout Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors and for Girl Scout Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors.
Faith organizations provided valuable guidance in the creation of the My Promise, My Faith award, ensuring that girls of all faiths can earn the award. These organizations view it as a significant award that complements the current religious recognitions P.R.A.Y. offers.
Here is an outline of the basic steps a girl must follow to earn the award:
- Pick a line from the Girl Scout Law.
- Interview a woman in your own or another faith-based community.
- Find three inspirational quotes by women that fit with that line of the Girl Scout Law.
- Make something, like a drawing, painting, or poster.
- Make a commitment to live what you’ve learned.
* For the complete guidelines, see the Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting.
Click on the Girl Scout grade levels below to see the guidelines for earning the My Promise, My Faith award: