- earn Journey awards, badges, and participation patches.
- use your leadership skills to earn the Girl Scout Silver Award, the highest award a Girl Scout Cadette can earn.
- earn the My Promise, My Faith award and other religious recognitions that help you strengthen the connection between your faith and Girl Scouts.
- take a stand on issues within the community.
- earn the Cadette Program Aide award.
- earn one of the three Leadership in Action (LIA) awards.
- participate in activities with your troop or individually, including the Girl Scout Cookie Program and Fall Product Program.
- mix and match activities that support your passions.
- attend summer resident camp.
- participate in destinations and travel across the country or around the world.
- attend the Girl Scout Leadership Institute in Salt Lake City, Utah in October, 2014 if you will be 14 years old by October 16.
Girl Scout Journeys
The Girl Scout Leadership Experience comes to life in these great new resources! In a Girl Scout Journey, awards link experiences, discussions, and ideas that you’ll explore with other Girl Scout Cadettes. Visit the Girl Scout GPS or check out What GS Cadettes Do for more info! You have three exciting and fun Journeys to choose from:
Life is a maze of relationships and this journey has you maneuvering through all its twists and turns to find true friendships, plenty of confidence, and maybe even peace. You’ll earn three Girl Scout leadership awards as you enjoy the Journey: the Interact, Diplomat, and Peacemaker awards. Plus, you can check out the special aMAZE LIA award. Try two activities and peek at the Journey!
In this Journey, you’ll engage all five senses as you clear the air – your own, and Earth’s! Learn to assess air quality inside and out, try out some science experiments, and enjoy creating some “breathing room.” You’ll earn three Girl Scout leadership awards as you enjoy the Journey: the Aware, Alert, and Affirm awards. Plus, you can check out the special Breathe LIA award. Try two activities and peek at the Journey!
Look for the ME in media and learn how you can shape media—for yourself, your community, and the world. Stories are told everywhere and in all kinds of formats—in movies by big Hollywood studios, online by bloggers and through social networks, through the clothes chosen by stylists for a fashion spread in a magazine, through the photos chosen by a newspaper editor. MEdia helps you think about who is responsible for telling all the stories you see around you and how you can use your story to help “re-make” the forms of media you see around you. You’ll earn three Girl Scout leadership awards as you enjoy the Journey: the Monitor, Influence, and Cultivate awards. Plus, you can check out the special MEdia LIA award. Try two activities and peek at the Journey!
The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting
Everyone knows that Girl Scouts earn badges. But The Girl’s Guide to Girl Scouting has more than just exciting, new badges for every age level. Check out the Badge Explorer for a peek at the new badges! Each guide contains:
- a colorful, easy-to-use binder specifically designed for Girl Scout Cadettes. The binder comes chock full of information and activities.
- Legacy, Financial Literacy, and Cookie Business badge activities.
- a detailed diagram showing you where to place awards, badges, and pins with pride on your sash or vest.
- ideas to help you tie your badge activities to Journeys.
- vintage illustrations and quotes from Girl Scout history to help you feel connected to the proud traditions of the past.
- an awards log, so you can see every award available to you as a Girl Scout Cadette, as well as the entire badge program at every grade level so you can see how your skills will grow in Girl Scouting!
Plus, you can choose to add in a Skill Building Badge Set to enhance your Journey. Each Skill Building Badge Set includes activities to earn five brand new badges tailor-made to make your Journey experience even better! The Badge Explorer will show you which badges you can add for even more adventure.
Parents and volunteers, check out this tip sheet!