Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland hires seasonal camp staff for two locations: Camp Molly Lauman in Lucasville, OH (traditional overnight camp) and Camp Ken-Jockety in Galloway, Ohio (day camps and weekend programs), as well as trip leaders for our High Adventure program. In order to work at camp or as a trip leader you must:
• Commit to the entire season (early June through mid-August).
• Meet age requirements for the position applying for.
• Believe girls should be given opportunities to build self-confidence.
• Enjoy working with girls age 5-17.
• Be comfortable in the outdoors.
• Know how to plan activities utilizing girls’ input.
• Accept the Girl Scout philosophy and ideals.
• For Molly Lauman, be willing to live on-site while camp is in session
(generally two weeks at a time with every other weekend off)
• Take job responsibilities and policies seriously.
• Be flexible, enthusiastic, and FUN!
Why work at camp?
A summer working at camp can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Camp will challenge you physically, mentally, and emotionally, but it will give you a resume-building experience that you will remember for many years. You will have the opportunity to work with other staff from around the country and around the world. Additionally, you can “unplug” a little from the modern, technological world. Summer camp employment is also a terrific way to save money for college. First year adult staff are typically paid a weekly salary of $225. At Camp Molly Lauman, you’ll live on-site for much of the summer, so that eliminates the need to pay for your daily gas, food, and errands. Our summer schedule is built to fit in nicely with most college schedules, running from early June to mid-August.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old by June 1st to be considered for positions, except when marked otherwise.
Resident Camp – Camp Molly Lauman
• Camp Counselor
• Head Lifeguard (21+)
Day Camp – Camp Ken-Jockety
• Lifeguard (May be under 18)
• Assistant Camp Director
How Do I Apply?
Apply online today!
Once we receive your application materials, we will review your application and contact you if we wish to schedule an interview. Please to not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
We will contact the individuals whom you have listed on your application to obtain a completed reference form. Should your reference person require a paper copy of the form, you may download it here.
Employment Forms for Newly Hired Staff
• Adult Girl Scout Annual Registration-Molly Lauman
• Camp Staff Social Network Agreement
• Certification of Receipt of Personnel Policies
• Direct Deposit Form
• Employee Technology User Agreement
• Equal Employment Opportunity Information Form
• Federal income Tax W-4
• Health History Form
• Minor Permission to Leave Camp Form
• Ohio New Hire Reporting Form
• Ohio Residency Verification Form
• Ohio Taxation Form
• Photo Release Adults
• Photo Release Minors
• Seasonal Program Staff Personnel Policies
• Staff Conflict and Confidentiality Statement
• Vehicle and Driver Information
• Wells Fargo Driver Form